The Simplify Commerce gateway lets you to take credit card payments directly on your store. This is available only to our USA clients.
In Settings > General your Base Location has to be United States - New York and the currency has to be US Dollars.
For credit card payments using Simplify Commerce, you should have the following :
- A server with CURL support — to communicate with the API
- PHP 5.3+ — a requirement of the SDK used
- SSL/HTTPS setup — to keep customer data safe
You will need to apply for an account with Simplify Commerce. There is a link for this within the settings page. Go to: Settings > Checkout > Simplify Commerce. The first thing you’ll see is a box prompting you to sign up. Select Sign up for Simplify Commerce to get started. Approval or denial happens nearly instantly.
Once approved, there are some further fields to go over.
- Enable Simplify Commerce – Check this box to enable the gateway and make it available to your customers.
- Title – This is what your customer will see when selecting the gateway they want to use when checking out.
- Description – Used alongside the title to include more information about this gateway.
- Payment Mode – Two options on how you want the card form to appear.
- Standard – The card field appears on the checkout page
- Hosted Payments – Hosted Payments must be enabled in your API Keys settings.
- With SSL: A modal dialog will appear on your checkout page.
- Without SSL: Customers are redirected to Simplify Commerce’s secure site to pay.
- Modal Color – Only available with Hosted Payments selected above in Payment Mode.
- Sandbox – Enabling sandbox mode will allow you to test orders using the test credit card numbers. Sandbox mode does not require an SSL certificate. Be sure Sandbox mode is disabled on a live site, also so you can enter your Public & Private Keys.
- Sandbox Public Key – This is your live key found on your API Keys section for live payments. SSL is needed. Must have Sandbox enabled to use this field.
- Sandbox Private Key – This is your live key found on your API Keys section for live payments. SSL is needed. Must have Sandbox enabled to use this field.
Save the changes once you are done!